Nittany Valley Benefit Dinner
Nittany Valley Benefit Dinner Friday May 25, 2018 from 12:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. 125 Fire House Lane, Howard, PA 16841 in Hublersburg
Main Dinner Course
1. Pulled roasted chicken and filling – a community favorite for special occasions, like weddings and Christmas dinners. 2. Cooked ham-seasoned just right. 3. Mashed potatoes and gravy – mashed with a bit of cream cheese and covered with melted butter. 4. Home-style baked beans – baked with bacon and brown sugar. 5. Noodles and cheese, covered with melted butter – Grandma’s specialty! 6. Fresh baked bread – oh, so good! 7. Cole slaw – fresh, juicy, tangy 8. Apple salad – sliced apples with whipped cream. 9. Creamed Celery – tender celery pieces, cooked in a sweetened cream sauce.
Dessert & Beverages
1. Fresh churned ice cream with fresh pie- refreshing on a hot day. 2. Apple pie – a recipe that’s been in the community for generations. 3. Pecan Pie – fresh pecans with a sweet filling, another of Grandma’s specialties. 4. Blueberry pie – sun ripened blueberries in a delicious pie. 5. Cherry pie – Tree ripened – Yummy with ice cream. 6. Shoofly Pie – A Pa Dutch favorite. 7. Chocolate cake – homemade especially for chocolate lovers. 8. Doughnuts – fresh baked, very tasty! Several kinds to choose from – one of your most difficult decisions to make for the evening. 9. Homemade vanilla pudding – creamy, tasty, very different from store bought pudding. Excellent with chocolate cake. 10. Sugar free Apple pie – A recipe that’s very tasty without the sugar. 11. Fresh squeezed lemonade – very refreshing 12. Freshly brewed coffee 13. Hot tea – good with dessert
(Take outs will be available)
$18 per adult (18 & over) $16 for seniors (65 & over) $16 for children (11 – 17) $ 5 for children (5 – 10) Free for Children 4 & under when accompanied by adults. We encourage you to buy your tickets in advance and we have 8 time slots for you to choose from: 12:00 to 1:00, 1:00 to 2:00, 2:00 to 3:00, 3:00 to 4:00, 4:00 to 5:00, 5:00 to 6:00, 6:00 to 7:00 7:00 to 8:00
Questions? We promise to try hard to give you a wonderful dining experience. We will have a buffet style meal. All you care to eat and drink with the food being prepared by the best cooks in the community. We will also have our friendly youth available to help you fill your plates and to pour your drinks.
For reservations and to purchase tickets or if you have ANY questions, please call: 1. Katie (814) 383-2008 2. Carolyn (814) 349-4387
Payment can be made to: John Glick 196 Hoy Rd Howard, PA 16841
Auction Preview Available We will be selling locally made Amish quilts and crafts at our benefit auction on Saturday May 26.
You may preview all of these items along with items available through our exhibitors on Friday May 25 (locally made toys, baked goods, etc. & a sale catalog available).
We will be providing a delightful free horse and wagon ride from the Fire Hall to the auction’s location (farm in Hublersburg, PA).
Who benefits from this sale? The proceeds from the Friday wedding meal, Saturday meals, and benefit auction help offset the medical expenses for families within our community in time of need.
- Cost: Cost Varies depending age
- Event Contact: 814-383-2008
- Event Website: https://www.facebook.com/Nittany-Valley-Benefit-Dinner-226003007861542/